June 5, 2009

Being to ambitous?















Long day. Started today at 7 and stopped at 7. No rain at all. A beautifull warm day. Realised my project is very ambitious. Sketching a project in maquette or making it on large scale is ofcourse totally differtent. I knew that already but today I saw it again. Everything is different then suspected: the materials for example. The bamboo poles I ordered are nice and straight but I liked them to be more with a curve: ‘B quality’. You have to do, because of the little amount of time, with what you’ve got. So my poles will be straight what makes the work a total different work then sketched. And the large scale. With dis heat... Some people think I am a ‘crazy artist’. I thought the same when I was sitting and thinking the day over at the end of a day hard and muddy labour.‘What the hell I am doing?’ Being ambitous I supose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My work is site-specific. Natural surroundings together with the social and historical context inspire me. With my sculptures I add an extra dimension to the location. I use for my installations topical natural material often combined with cultural material. Materials like willow, oak, plants and trees, and man-made material like concrete, metal and shrink film. Recurring themes in my work are tension, movement, water and light. The intervention of people and natural elements like wind or growth can be a welcome addition to my work. I like it when the public mixes with my work and experiences my installation together with its surroundings. In the end, I want my installations to fit in the site where they are built showing an extra dimension and giving a suprise to the beholder.